She has worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of her line and lectures all over the world on its benefits.
Before she formed her cosmetics company in 1994, Jane Iredale’s background had been in film, theatre and television.
She started as a casting director working in television commercials with models like Lauren Hutton, Jaclyn Smith and Cybill Shepherd and then in film and television with actresses like Susan Sarandon, Glenn Close, and Sarah Jessica Parker. Among many others, she worked with Francis Coppola on The Outsiders, Steven Spielberg on The Color Purple, all major television networks as well as the BBC.
She then formed her own production company and produced over fifty programs for PBS and HBO. Two of her feature films were named by TV Guide as the best films of their respective years. One was awarded the coveted George Foster Peabody Award. She also won an Emmy for a film series on which she was the writer.
When she moved from film to theatre she was nominated for a Tony Award for the Broadway musical Wind in the Willows, the show which brought fame to Vicki Lewis and Nathan Lane.
Throughout her career, she has worked with the best makeup artists in the field. She has seen at first hand that true makeup artistry comes not from trying to make a face conform to the latest fashion trends, but from enhancing the wearer’s natural beauty and, as a result, allowing her personality to shine.
Her experience in working with women whose careers depended on a clear complexion has allowed her to see how skin disorders and sensitivities not only threaten careers but can also destroy self-confidence. This is what led her to develop a makeup line that could contribute to the lives of women by aiding the health of the skin.
How is Jane Iredale different?
The most beautiful cosmetic you can wear is a healthy skin. That’s why everything Jane Iredale develops is a true extension of skin care. Jane Iredale makeup is not just a refinement of conventional makeup; it’s a new technology. It’s so effective it is recommended by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and skin care professionals.
Four in one – Micronized mineral bases are four products in one: foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen, and will disguise almost any skin discolouration.
- SPF 17 Pressed Bases & SPF 20 Loose Bases – Formulated with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, the minerals give instant, broad-spectrum, chemical-free sun protection. They are also Very Water Resistant.
- Fast, weightless coverage – Because no fillers like talc are used to dilute the effectiveness of the pigment, one quick application of Jane Iredale minerals provides all-day coverage that doesn’t fade, crease or smear.
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free – The skin is allowed to breathe and function normally.
- Minimum allergy risk – No sensitizers like perfume or chemical dyes and preservatives are used in Jane Iredale bases, blush or eye shadows.
- Coverage – Because the minerals are concentrated pigment, they give complete coverage and can be used effectively to camouflage large or small distractions.
- Adhere – The minerals adhere to the skin until they are removed with any cleanser.
- Anti-inflammatory – Mineral bases have anti-inflammatory properties and are especially helpful for acne and rosacea-prone skins.
- Inert – The loose minerals are inert and cannot support bacteria.
- Quality – State of the art cosmeceutical ingredients are used to ensure the finest performance in coverage, application and • texture. Vitamins and antioxidants are pharmaceutical grade.
- No animal testing
Why Use Mineral Based Products?
Jane Iredale’s “Beauty with Benefits” combines the most up-to-date colours with skin-care benefits that conventional makeups can only envy:
- Non-comedogenic, will not block pores
- Virtually no allergy risk
- Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection – SPF 20
- Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin
- Very water resistant rating by an approved FDA lab
- Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing
- Contains no fillers
- Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria
- Environmentally aware and not tested on animals
Known as The Skin Care Makeup, the Jane Iredale line is so safe and beneficial to use that it is recommended by Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists throughout the world.
Jane’s line is a highly-sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments which are micro-pulverized, using proprietary technology and processes to form microscopic flat crystals. These crystals overlap each other on the skin to form a filter that allows the skin to breathe and function normally while still protecting it from air-borne pollutants. The staying power of the minerals is so great that they rarely need a touch-up during the day. And because these silky-feeling powders are water resistant, they won’t crease or smear even during the most strenuous exercise.
These state-of-the-art minerals are available in so many colours that there’s one for every complexion no matter what the ethnicity.