Hot wax depilation has been available over many years but more recently is not as common as warm wax. Hot wax consists of beeswax and a resin. Hot wax is melted to a thicker consistency than warm wax.
When the wax is applied to the skin with a spatula, it coats the hair with a thick layer. As the wax cools it becomes firmer contracting around the hair and gripping them tightly. The wax remains on the skin until it becomes opaque in colour-drying to form a slight tacky consistency. It is then pulled off the skin with a fast movement.
Advantages to Hot wax:
- It works well onto small patches of strong coarse hair
- The wax get a better grip of the hair than warm wax
- It does not leave a sticky residue like warm wax
- It is a good for removing shorter hairs
- Possibly more suited to those with sensitive skin
- There is less reddening on the skin following waxing
Bikini wax – £15.00
Extended bikini wax – £18.00
G-String wax – £22.00
Brazilian wax – £27.00
Hollywood wax – £32.00
Upper lip or chin wax – £11.00
Eye brow shape – £11.00
Underarm wax – £13.00
Standard Wax Treatments
Prior to the treatment – we will cleanse the area using a specially formulated pre-cleansing lotion. We will then apply a high quality cream warm wax and remove the unwanted hair. You should ensure that the hair to be waxed is a minimum of around 0.75cm – 1cm so that the wax will take to the hair effectively. This is normally around 2-3 weeks post-shaving growth for most ladies or 4-6 weeks post waxing.
Once the waxing has been completed, a soothing tea tree lotion is applied to soothe and help the skin recover from the waxing treatment. With some waxing loose clothing is recommended.
Benefits of salon waxing
- Will help keep skin looking naturally smooth
- Eliminates stubble growth
- Waxing lasts 4-6 weeks – compare that to shaving which can last just a day or two
- Hairs become sparse over time
- Hairs become finer and weaker
- Slows down hair growth